Samsung has announced its Galaxy Tab Active 3. The Tab was announced on September 28th, 2020. This Tab is one of the most Rugged tab Samsung has made up to date. The Tab has been basically made to be used in Fields like Oil Fields, Harbor, construction Site by the Builders, Engineers, roughnecks, or stevedores. The Tab has been made to survive Extreme Environmental Conditions like; Extreme Heat, Extreme Cold, Wet Places or Dry Places. It has been made for professionals. Initially it was announced and released in U.S.A. on September 28th, 2020 but it was not available in Asia and Europe. Now it is available in Asia and Europe from 7th of October, 2020.
Samsung has one Good Habit or a Strategy that Samsung makes devices that can be used by Workers Mid-Range A, S, J Series, Business owners use Note or S Series, Artists use Tabs to create Art. Graphic Designers, Web Workers, and Employees in the Company also use Tab’s for working. Samsung even has Tab’s for Kids for them to watch cartoons as well as to Study. Now, Samsung has also made a very Rugged and Tough Tab for Field Workers which shows that Samsung has devices for everyone which shows Samsung’s Diversity and customer care.
Talking about the structure the body is rugged and is made in such a way that it can handle extreme Weather Conditions, and extreme Workplace Conditions. There are 6 physical buttons on the device. There are three buttons on the bottom of the screen. One is for back, One for Home, and one for Recent. The other three are on the side of the body. Those are the obvious Power Button, Volume Up and Volume down Button. It is secured with Knox Security. It is Strong and reliable due to its security layers from Knox and rugged body. It has a slim body which allows it to fit into field workers pocket. It makes most of the work easier. It helps police men sign the papers for official documentation for an ongoing case. It can allow architects and builders to sketch blueprints or change the outlook for blueprints as per situations. It can help technicians to write down data and process it. It can also help in keeping records of deliveries, their quantity and their number of products per package with price and how much has been delivered and how much needs to be delivered, all the work can be done on the Galaxy Tab Active 3.
The device can work with certain gloves but not all the Gloves. It has shock absorption capability which helps the device withstand a drop of 1.5 meters. It also comes with a protective e cover that adds an extra layer of protection. The device is IP68 rated which means that the device is not only water resistant, but also Dust Proof. The device is highly portable and sleek but tough, which gives the workers a peace of mind and allows to focus on what matters. The tablet has been secured by biometric system which allows security of user’s data, and if the device gets lost or stolen the data is still secured and no one can access it except the user. This is one of the reasons the Tab Active 3 has a lot more to offer.
These are some features of the Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3
- Display: Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3 has an 8-inch Screen. It has a PLS TFT LCD Display. Which is not so vibrant compared to the Super Amoled Display. The screen is still stronger to tolerate shocks and drops. It has a 1920 X 1200 Resolution, which allows sharp and clear media display. It has a pixel density of 280 pixels per inch. And the aspect ratio is 16:10. Nevertheless of aspect ratio the device has less than 70% screen to body ratio due to thicker bezels around the screen. The reason for thicker bezels is to increase toughness and strength in the device making it durable and allows working with gloves on.
- Stylus: The special cover that comes with the Tab Active 3 has a special slit on the top that contains the stylus for the Tab The stylus is also IP68 Certified and is water resistant and dust proof. Which allows the users to work in harsh conditions like dryness or in rain. The stylus is also very durable. It can help in getting customer signatures. Sketch ideas, write down notes for the work.
- Camera: The camera setup is single cameras setup on the rear and a front facing cam. The rear camera is 13-MegaPixel and the front-facing camera is 5-MegaPixel, which is quite good for a Tab in work fields.
- Software: The Operating System on Tab Active 3 is Android 10 with One UI 2.0. The UI as well as the OS is upgradeable on the Tab.
- Processors and chipsets: It has Samsung’s Exynos 9810 (10 nm) chipset. It has an Octa-Core CPU and Mali-G72 MP18 GPU.
- It has Stereo Speakers as well as it comes with Headphone jack
- Connectivity: It has Wi-Fi 802.11 and Bluetooth 5.0
- It comes with USB-Type C 3.1 with magnetic connector.
- It supports Samsung Dex which allows the user to use the tablet as Desktop on their PC through wired connection.
- It has a Lithium-ion 5050 mAh battery and the battery is removable, which is quite different as Samsung Tab’s usually have Non-Removable Battery.
- It has Nano-Sim option and it supports 2G, 3G, 4G and LTE.
- The tab comes with two variants; 64 GB and 128 GB storage variants. The Tab has a Memory of 4 GB RAM. It also allows Extended Storage options as it has a dedicated SD Card Slot.
The price of the Tab is 477 Euro’s which is quite reasonable for such a Tablet Device.